1. Please can parents NOT stay and watch lessons unless the pupil is feeling vulnerable. From time to time parents will be invited to watch classes.
2. Please can the correct dancewear for ‘Miss Trudi’s School of Dance’ be worn as follows:
(a) Pink NATD Leotard with attached skirt for Pre-Primary, Preliminary and Grade 1. Mulberry leotard without skirt attached, although separate skirt can be worn for Grade 2 & 3 and Black leotard and unattached skirt for grade 4 and above.
(b) Pink ballet tights or *socks (*pre-primary only).
(c) Pink full sole leather ballet shoes with pink elastics up to and including Grade 1. Ballet ribbons Grade 2 and above.
(d) Black tap shoes with toe taps. Heel taps from Grade 3.
Preliminary, Grade 1 and Grade 2, purple halter neck leotard with black lyric tights.
Grade 3 and above, black jazz pants and coloured leotard. (May vary in style and colour from time to time at the Teacher’s discretion).
Boys Tight shorts e.g. cycling shorts and tight fitting white t-shirt or white leotard and black leggings/shorts with black ballet shoes and black elastic for ballet. Jogging bottoms (no jeans) and t-shirt for tap and black tap shoes.
ALL DANCEWEAR CAN BE PURCHASED BY FILLING OUT AN ORDER FORM AVAILABLE FROM MISS TRUDI. PAYMENT IS DUE WITH ORDER AND PRICES ARE AVAILABLE FROM MISS TRUDI.
3. Please ensure that hair is tied back.
4. Please ensure no jewellery is worn, unless asked by the Teacher as part of a dance or exercise.
5. Please ensure an emergency contact telephone number is given and the teacher is notified straight away if this number is no longer valid and a new number must be given and a Pupil Details Form MUST be completed on enrolment.
6. Please ensure that children have a water bottle – especially during the Summer Term.
7. Please can children go to the toilet before attending class to avoid disrupting the class. (I know children sometimes have to go toilet and they will be allowed to accompanied by one of my students).
8. Please be punctual when attending classes and collecting children. Some Children can become quite distressed when parents are late.
9. Please make sure the Teacher knows if someone different is collecting a child.
10. Miss Trudi is a qualified First Aider. If a child has an accident and needs minor treatment e.g. a plaster, this will be applied in the class. If you do not want your child to be administered with minor First Aid please let Miss Trudi know. If a major accident happens an ambulance will be called and parents informed immediately. A record of any accidents/incidents will be kept on an accident/incident form and parents/collector will be asked to sign the form and will be supplied with a copy. If a child feels unwell, whoever collects the child will be informed.
11. Miss Trudi is DBS enhanced checked and makes every effort to make sure children are kept and feel safe and secure whilst in class as laid out in the guidelines above.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES AT ANY TIME PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL TRUDI ON 01822 618137